Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Musings


Soft pastel and pen. Another drawing I did from Note Couture - Carrie collection, last year.

What a weekend it's been in Sydney. Mardi Gras parade on Saturday night and this morning Spencer Tunick (photographer renowned for taking nude crowd photos) photographed a large crowd of naked people on the Opera House steps.

Neither of which I took a photo of.

Saturday night I had my darling daughter tucked up in bed and was having a quiet night in front of the telly with hubby - not watching the Mardi Gras. So I wasn't able to catch the action on my phone. I did venture into town Sunday morning but didn't see any bedraggled queens with sequins and feathers drooping trying to make their way home as I had done previous years. I guess it's because they didn't have the parade and party on the same night this year. And I was crawling out of bed when I heard about this mornings photo shoot which by then was all but over. Not that I could post a photo of a herd of naked bottoms on here anyway even though his photographs are always tastefully done - G rating and all. I suggest you just google Spencer Tunick if you want to have a gander.

Nope this weekend I opted for the simple life. Shopping in the city with my two beloveds and dinner with friends. Can't get any better than that.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, your drawing is adorable, and I'd much rather look at it than a bunch of bare bottoms, even if they are buffed and toned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.