Monday, January 9, 2012

love in a salvos store

on my turntable: nothing - just the peaceful nothingness of a quiet house.

Been getting the urge to thrift since reading Esme and the Laneway (see link under fashion and vintage) but haven't found anything I like.  I also get some of the eras mixed up, particularly some of the fashion from the 50's and 60's but I'm sure I'll learn.
I did find some great clothes I knew my daughter would look divine in - and then I spotted these:

 It was like two lovers spotting eachother across a crowded floor.

I haven't owned a pair of brown shoes for years and have forgotten how versatile they are.  I don't know if they're leather and suede or vinyl and fake suede or if they're retro, vintage or just last years model and I don't care.  All I know is that they remind me of my dancing shoes from my latin days, they're comfortable and fun!

I'm going to enjoy these!

Photos taken by me unless otherwise credited.

2 comments:

  1. Et comme Cendrillon peut-être aller danser avec ?!...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Danse? Oui! Cendrillon? Peut-être pas........
    (I hope my French is ok)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails